This policy sets out our delivery methods, periods, and charges that apply to orders for our products made through our website or by telephone or by email.
This policy is a legally binding document, and this policy shall form part of the contract of sale between you and us made under our terms and conditions of sale.
In this policy:
- “we” means M&AD Ltd trading as Alle Interiors[name]; and
- “you” means our customer or prospective customer,
“Us”, “our” and “your” should be construed accordingly.
All orders will be subject to delivery charges as detailed in Section 5.
We offer, at our discretion, free standard delivery to all mainland UK addresses on non-furniture orders over £75 (GBP) after VAT (furniture and soft furnishing orders are subject to delivery charges).
We deliver to the following countries and territories: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
We may, at our discretion, agree to deliver at appropriate rates products to other countries and territories.
Delivery Methods and Periods
The methods used to deliver products, and the time periods within which delivery is usually completed, are as follows:
- If the delivery is for small items, the service used is Royal Mail /Parcelforce. The typical period for delivery of products by this method is 2-3 working days for addresses on the United Kingdom mainland, and 1 week outside of the UK mainland.
- If the delivery is for furniture (including mirrors), a courier service is used. The typical period for delivery of these products is subject to stock levels but is usually less than 6 weeks. You will be informed of the lead time upon confirmation of order.
- If the delivery is for soft furnishings (e.g. curtains), a courier service is used. The typical period for delivery of these products is subject to fabric availability and manufacturing capacity, but is usually less than 8 weeks. You will be informed of the lead time upon confirmation of order.
Orders are usually processed and dispatched on the day of order, but are guaranteed to be dispatched on the next working day.
The delivery periods set out in this Section are indicative only, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure that you receive your delivery in good time, we do not guarantee delivery before the end of the stated period.
Delivery charges will usually be calculated by our website and automatically applied to your order during the checkout process if applicable to the products ordered; where not, delivery will be quoted by us.
Applicable delivery charges will depend upon the delivery method you select, the location of the delivery address, and the size and weight of the products in your order.
Our delivery charges are as follows:
- in respect of Click and Collect delivery charges will be free
- In respect of most of our interior products the standard delivery charge will be £5.95
- In respect of larger and/or heavier items and furniture the delivery charge will be £30, a courier delivery will be arranged at a convenient time.
Delivery tracking is available in respect of most orders for our products.
Following your order confirmation you will receive an email from Parcelforce with the tracking code. You will also be offered to change your delivery date and/or time slot.
Receipt and Signature
All deliveries must be received in person at the delivery address, and a signature must be provided.
Our delivery service provider will notify you in advance of attempting to make a delivery requiring signature. If no-one is at home, an SMS/email recipient notification and a ‘Safe Place’ option will be available.
Our delivery service will leave a ‘Something for you card’ to let you know where your item is. Where possible, our delivery service will aim to leave your item with a neighbour, but if not we’ll return it to your local Customer Service Point/Delivery Office.
You can either collect your item or you can arrange to have it redelivered to your own address or another local address in your area, free of charge.
To make sure your item is kept safe our delivery service asks you to provide proof of identification as well as your ‘Something for you card’ whenever you collect your item.
Our delivery service will keep your items at your local Customer Service Point/Delivery Office for 18 days. After this time our delivery service will return items to the sender.
If you experience any problems with a delivery, please contact us using the contact details that we publish on our website.
If our delivery service provider is unable to deliver your products, and such failure is outside our control, including not collecting the products from our delivery service provider within the relevant time limit, we may agree to arrange for re-delivery of the products; however, we reserve the right to charge you for the actual costs of re-delivery (even where the initial delivery was free of charge).
An indicative list of the situations where a failure to deliver is outside our control is set out below:
- you provided the wrong address for delivery;
- there is a mistake in the address for delivery that was provided;
- the address for delivery is not reasonably accessible;
- the address for delivery cannot safely be accessed;
- if in-person receipt is not required, there is no easy and secure means of leaving the products at the address for delivery and there is no person available to accept delivery; or
- if in-person receipt is required, there is no person available at the address for delivery to accept delivery and provide a signature.